The Payment Types tab allows you to assign accounting codes to the default payment types that are available in Aluvii.
Default Payment Types Defined
The default payment types are as follows:
- Credit Card - this includes any type of charge card, such as debit cards and prepaid cash cards. Cards that are managed by payment networks such as Visa, Mastercard, Discover, American Express (AMEX).
- Cash - deprecated. See Simple Cash below.
- Zero Dollar - tender type used to process transactions where the grand total of the transaction is equal to 0. Because the transaction amount is 0, reports are not affected from a number standpoint by this item, but if you'd like to not have Zero Dollar report on reports, you can assign it an accounting code of cash, and the zero dollar will be blended in with the cash transactions in most reports.
- Cash Return - refunds of cash (as defined below in Simple Cash). As with Zero Dollar payment type, if you do not wish cash returns to report separately from Cash, you can assign Cash Return the same accounting code as Cash, and they will blend together in most reporting.
- Credit Return - refunds of Credit Card payments (as defined in Credit Cards above). As with Zero Dollar payment type, if you do not wish Credit Returns to report separately from Cash, you can assign Cash Return the same accounting code as Cash, and they will blend together in most reporting.
- Gift Card - gift cards maintained in Aluvii. See Chart of Accounts Aluvii-GiftCard-Internal for more information about gift cards maintained in Aluvii.
- Simple Cash - paper and coin currency such as dollar bills, quarters, pennies, etc. from a till that is not a simple till.
- Gift Card Return - refunds of Gift Cards (as defined in Gift Card above).
- Tender - custom tender types can optionally each be individually assigned an accounting code. This is setting the default accounting code for customer tender types that are not individually assigned an accounting code.
- Tender Return - refunds of Tender (as defined in Tender above) that are not optionally assigned an individual accounting code.
Editing Accounting Codes Assigned to Payment Types
1. To edit the accounting code assigned to a Payment Type, go to Administration module > Accounting tab > Payment Type sub tab.
2. Double click on the Payment Type you want to edit (or left-click to select the Payment Type that you want to edit. Click the Select Option drop down and select Edit Payment Type).
In the Edit Payment Type modal that appears, you can select the desired Accounting Code for the Payment Type and click Save.